- 1 head cauliflower, leaves removed and cut into florets
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F lightly grease 1-2 (mini) muffin tin(s) with butter or non-stick spray.
- Working in batches, place cauliflower and broccoli florets in food processor and pulse until is resembles grains of rice.
- Place grated vegetables in a large, microwaveable dish, along with 3 tablespoons water, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 5 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
- Carefully remove steamed cauliflower and transfer to a clean kitchen towel. Wrap up the cauliflower and wring out all excess moisture into the sink.
- Repeat until all liquid has been drained.
- Transfer cauliflower and broccoli to a large bowl and mix in cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt and eggs, then season with salt, onion and garlic powder, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then gradually fold egg whites into cauliflower mixture. Don’t over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, then place muffin tins in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
Source : allrecipes.com