- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups pecans- 1 cup chopped, 1 cup reserved whole for optional decoration
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line 1-2 baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat together sugar, egg, butter, and vanilla until creamy, 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- With mixer set to low, slowly add dry ingredients until just combined, then fold chopped pecans into batter.
- Scoop out dough, roll into 1-inch sized balls, and place on lined baking sheet. Optional: top each cookie with a pecan.
- Place baking sheet(s) in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges of cookie are just golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire wrack. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Source : allrecipes.Com