- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup cherries, seeds removed
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water, divided
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add fruit, sugar, and ½ cup water to a saucepan and set heat to medium. Stir frequently until mixture comes to a boil. Drop cinnamon stick into mixture and stir to release flavor. Reduce heat and allow fruit to simmer and break down.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Whisk together cornstarch and ¼ cup water (or juice) and stir to combine with fruit mixture. If needed, add more water (or juice) if compote becomes too thick.
- Turn off heat and remove cinnamon stick. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Pudding may be served warm or cold, and topped with whipped cream or fresh sweet cream.
Source : allrecipes.Com