The Ingredients To Gather:
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt + more to taste
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 2-3 scallions
Now That You Have All Of Your Delicious Ingredients Together It Is Time To Start Cooking!
To get the creaminess of Potato Salad, without having to add Mayo we had to so a special trick with the Shallots and Vinegar. At first we thought this was a little weird but it really did add some creaminess and a nice bite that Potato Salad usually has.
If you forget to do this one step, which we actually tried to bypass ourselves, then your Potato Salad is going to be runny and gross. Actually, ours was watery and didn’t last longer than a few hours, which was depressing. When we added these ingredients in, the right way, everything came together quite nicely and our Potato Salad was a success
The Step By Step Directions To Follow:
- Rinse potatoes, dice into approximate 1 1/2 inch pieces. Place in stockpot, cover with water. Add 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- Cover, bring to boil. Uncover, cook 10 minutes, until tender.
- Soak shallot, garlic in vinegar, 5 minutes to soften, stir with tahini, brown sugar, mustards in bowl.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Mix potatoes into dressing, adding reserved cooking water 2-3 tablespoons at a time. Mix in scallions.
- Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired.
Source : allrecipes.Com